For International Director
Jennifer Rosales , P.E. (F)
PB, Portland, OR
Jennifer Rosales is a Principal Engineer and Senior Professional Associate at PB with extensive experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning. Jennifer is PB’s Coordinator of the Traffic Engineering Practice Area Network. She developed a comprehensive practitioner’s guidebook called Road Diet Handbook: Setting Trends for Livable Streets. Jennifer Rosales received the 2007 Past Presidents’ Award for Merit in Transportation Engineering from ITE. She was named to the "2007 Trendsetters List" of Public Works magazine.
- Western District President, 2007-08
- Western District Elected Board, 2005-09
- Western District Career Guidance Chair, 2002-05
- Western District Advisory Committee Chair, 2009-10
- ITE Standing Committee on Ethics Issues - Chair, 2009-12
- ITE Pedestrian and Bicycle Council, Executive Committee, 2004-09
- Oregon Section Elected Board, 1998-2002 (President 2000-01)
- Oregon Section Student Chapter Liaison Chair and Legislative Chair
- Student Chapter President, Oregon State University
As an officer of the Western District, I focused my priorities in four areas:
- Mentor and train younger members and students to meet future transportation challenges.
- Support student initiatives programs at District, Section and Chapter levels.
- Attract members to District meetings by keeping annual meetings affordable and expanding technical programs and training to the membership.
- Expand use of information technology to share information and tools.
Significant progress has been completed in these areas with commitment of District volunteers. The mentoring program has grown, and young members and their employers recognized. The Endowment Fund for Student Initiatives is over $200,000. The District expanded the use of the web to provide on-line registration for Annual Meetings, on-line member surveys, Facebook page, electronic voting, and electronic WesternITE.
As an International Director, my priorities will include:
- Represent a strong and loud voice for the Western District at the International level
- Attract emerging professionals to ITE meetings and activities.
- Expand and enhance professional development for our members through continued expansion of accessible and cost-effective training through webinars.
- Continue to support successful student initiatives and research opportunities.
- Keep annual meetings affordable and expand technical programs and training.
- Expand use of information technology including e-learning and e-publishing opportunities.
I am honored to be nominated as a candidate for International Director. It is my privilege to serve the District, and I welcome your comments and ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-478-2347.