September 17, 2015 (Joint ITE/WA Transportation Professionals Forum)
ITE September Meeting - "Creating Professional Creativity"
We dedicate our careers to safely and efficiently connect people and goods. It’s time to refresh and reconnect with our members. Please join us for a professional engagement luncheon meeting to:
- Connect with members by building relationships and networking across generations
- Encourage current and future leaders to discuss succession planning in the transportation engineering and planning discipline
- Create opportunities that support members’ growth and development needs
WHEN: Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 11:30am to 2pm
WHERE: Salty’s on Alki Beach (1936 Harbor Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126), 206-937-1600
ITE members: $55
Non-ITE members: $65
YPT member: $55
Salty's Olympic Buffet includes:
- Grilled Wild Salmon
- Top Sirloin Steak with Portobello Mushroom
- Fennel and Tomato salad
- Seafood Chowder
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Sourdough Bread and Butter
- Salty's Signature White Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Starbuck's Coffee, Tazo Tea and Iced Tea
RSVP: Please register with Carla Nasr at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, September 4. Cancellations after September 4th will not be accepted.
Joint ITE & Washington Transportation Professionals Forum
On Thursday, September 17 meeting, there will be a joint meeting with the Institute of Transportation Engineers Washington State Section in Spokane. This meeting will also be available by live webinar to view from anywhere in the state.
- Greeting, introductions, announcements, and overview.
- Online bicycle and pedestrian count data and the Permanent Statewide Bike Count project.
- The latest technology for bicycle and pedestrian counting.
- Crash data access portal for local agencies.
- Active Transportation Programs - Safe Routes to School and Pedestrian & Bicycle Programs (funding applications due in early 2016).
- Discussion on development and delivery of successful pedestrian and bicycle projects through grant funding: Case studies with City of Spokane, Washington and City of Newport, Washington.
- Optional meeting (Available by live webinar): Discuss forming/recreating an Institute of Transportation Engineers chapter for Eastern Washington.
- Optional in-person networking time: 8:00-8:30 a.m.
- Meeting and live webinar: 8:30 a.m. to noon.
- Optional meeting (available by live webinar): Discuss forming/recreating an Institute of Transportation Engineers chapter for Eastern Washington.
- Get directions
- Get parking information
- View Gonzaga's rental car and taxi page
- View Spokane Transit's page
FOOD: Beverages, snacks, and lunch: There is a cafeteria and a coffee shop in the building.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?: Please contact Susan Bowe at BoweS@wsdot.wa.gov.
For current information, go to the ITE Washington Section Events page
Hope to see you there!
Missed a meeting? Click here for past meeting presentations.